What is green tea?
Green tea is produced from the plant Camellia sinensis, also known as the "tea plant" or "tea tree". Through different processing methods, the leaves can be used to create green, white, black, or oolong tea. To prevent oxidation and fermentation, green tea is made of fresh Camellia sinensis leaves dried under the sun.
What are the benefits of green tea for women with hair loss?
Green tea is rich in antioxidants that can help with a few health conditions, including hair loss. It decreases hair loss by moving the hair follicles from their resting phase (telogen) to their active growth phase (anagen). Green tea is also believed to stimulate and improve blood circulation in the skin and scalp, improving oxygen and nutrient delivery to the hair follicles.
How do you use green tea for hair regrowth?
1. Use a shampoo that contains green tea extract. Massage gently for 2 - 3 minutes and rinse off.
2. Use a green tea conditioner. Apply it from the roots of your hair to the tips. Leave in for 3 - 10 minutes and rinse off.
3. Add two green tea bags to boiling water and allow them to cool off for ten minutes. Apply the lukewarm liquid to your hair. Leave it on your hair and scalp for 10 minutes and rinse off.
4. Take oral supplements that contain green tea extracts.
5. Drink 1–2 cups (240–480 ml) of green tea per day. Please be aware that over drinking green tea can be toxic and it is not recommended to have more than 3 cups per day.